Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The two types of viruses

I like to think that I roll with the punches pretty good. I believe that things happen for a reason. We may not like what happened or when it happened. But it's all part of a great plan. Take for instance, my old computer picked up a bad virus on Monday, got a new laptop today. Tuesday I was lucky to help out at Bingo, which meant, I was lucky to help out at Bingo. Today my wife picked up her own virus, I got to take the day off and spend it with my 19 month old son.

I always thought that if you had an anti-virus program installed, that you were safe from....... maybe....... a virus. Isn't that the point? It turns out that my computer and my wife both have the same anti-virus programs. She's doing better and the computer, well who gives a crap about the computer. I just hope I can get all those pictures off of it. It will all work out.

It's amazing how upside down my world gets when I can't get online. I felt like a crack addict without the crack. I only used to feel that way when I forgot my wallet somewhere. Now I feel like I have so many necessities. Internet, cell phone, bank card, internet, helium, internet, hockey skates, internet, air, and internet. I like the internet. Banking, shopping, visiting, entertainment, and education. It amazes me that someone would want to live without the internet in today's age. My how far we have come in such a short time.

I must go now, for as much as I need to be online, my wife and kids need me more. See you tomorrow, internet.

4 comments:

june cleaver said...

I didn't give your computer that virus... my computer goes to the free clinic at least once a week to get tested.

Anonymous said...

Well, well, well I see that Cousin Steve is getting to the "internet" a little earlier in the evening...that's good.
You know what they say, better earlier than not at all...
They do say that, I heard em!
Hope everyones doing okay.
If you are reading this and I haven't called to find out what I should bring to the party...I'll be calling soon!
Love,
Aunt Barbara

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cousin Steve. I hear there is one hot party going on in Griffith this weekend.
I am looking forward to reading many funny blogs about it in the future.
You are running a close second to June in this world of blog, especially Jesus with a nail gun!
Aunt Barbara's long time friend, Beckie

Anonymous said...

Helium? Cousin Steve, you've got some splainin' to do.