Saturday, March 7, 2009

Weekend Update

I know I have not posted in a couple days. So I figured I should pop in to give an update. It was a big week and weekend for me.



I have a close family. We enjoy spending birthdays and holidays and whatevers together. I am blessed to have such a loving family. Today is my birthday. My birthday, my turn to have everyone over. An impossible task to do without my lovely wife. It was special party because my cousin June Cleaver was in town. Everyone was looking forward to seeing her again. She flew in Friday night. I picked her up from the airport and we went straight to our local pub and hangout.



It's been a long time since I had a night on the town. We drank and drank and drank, and we laughed and laughed and laughed. Staying up past my bedtime is not usually a practice I do. However, last night it was a necessity. I am usually too worn out from working all day to stay up. I paid for it this morning though. It seemed as if I had just gone to bed when I hear my cousin mocking me from the living room. It turns out it was already morning.

Taking all day to recover, when it was time for the party, I was ready. We had a great party, good food and lots of laughs. What else do you need? I am going to save some of these laughs for a rainy day. It's just too much for one day.

Everyone is in bed, and all is quiet, for now. But I'm pretty sure that won't last long, my kids are early risers . Goodie. Bring it on, it's what I live for.

3 comments:

Schmoochiepoo said...

Happy Birthday!

Sounds like you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

"Goodie. Bring it on, it's what I live for."
What a great comment for a dad to say about having children.
Very nice, very nice indeed.
And Cousin Steve please be careful what you put out there...about your party. IT WAS A BLAST!
Only sorry you and June were so tired...their eyelids got heavy right in the middle of the party. Did you stay out a little too late!
Hee hee!
Us old farts had had our daily naps and we were going strong, but had to leave so Cousin Steve and June could get some sleep. After all it was the weekend of the time change...and they had to spring forward. WHAT A BLAST WE HAD!
Come back soon, June!
Love,
Aunt Barbara

anon said...

Happy Birthday, glad you had a fun week-end, plenty of time later to put your eye-balls back in place.