Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy 2011!!

So this is 2011. A month into this new and wonderful year and I still can smell 2010 like a poopie diaper in the kitchen garbage can. I personally had a rough 2010. It seemed to burden me like I was carrying a 1,000 pound gorilla who was carrying a dump truck that was full of boulders. No matter what I tried, it was the bully taking my lunch and pushing my face into the snow. Everyday I took 3 steps forward and slipped 7 steps back. But not any more! It's a new year. And with that new year brings new hope and a new job.

I was offered and accepted a job last week to work as a service and warranty representative for a large remodeling company. I am very glad to get a job after being off all winter and am sure that my routine will not change. I hope they don't mind me walking around in pajama bottoms and a t-shirt while drinking coffee and reading the paper. I also am wondering if they will mind me on Facebook and the internet for hours at a time. How will I change??

Trying to save money this winter, I quit going out and had become a non-social. Well that's not true, I had Facebook. Which is crack to a socialite like myself. It has allowed me to keep in touch with everyone without ever leaving the house. Facebook for me, is as bad as it is good. It reunited me with so many lost friends and stole my free time. I have already begun my break from Facebook. I don't want to quit, just slow down. So far, since starting this post today, I have checked it 23,762 times. It's just wrong. I'm going to end up in the Betty Ford Clinic in a straight jacket.

I am excited to get back to a normal life and living in a world where Fridays actually mean something. There is no weekends when your off everyday. Hard to write a blog and be social when your life is in a rut. So... to bring back the normal me, today I have decided to go streaking through my town's downtown area. Just me and my running shoes hauling ass down the double yellow lines as fast as I can while seeing my wonderful reflection in those big store windows. That would be a great kick off to the new me in 2011! Wait, I remembered I need new running shoes. Oh, and I am fat and out of shape. Damn. I think that could have been the jump start I needed. Maybe in a few months. I'll start back at the health club today. I just have to check Facebook...

4 comments:

Kate J said...

Go, Cousin Steve, go! Congrats on the new job, too. Hope all is going well... You do have fans that check in irregularly.

Anonymous said...

Hey good to see you back. Didn't know you were blogging again.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your blog and find many of
your post's to be exactly I'm looking for. Do you offer guest writers to write content available for you?

I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on most of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome web log!
My page - click the next web site

Anonymous said...

It's going to be end of mine day, however before finish I am reading this enormous post to improve my knowledge.

my blog post Green tea weight loss